Preparing your cycling trip
Use the website to choose a suitable cycle route
Level of difficulty of the various routes and stages
To see the level of difficulty of the route you’ve chosen, look up various useful details you can find on the website:
- The interactive maps will show you the types of paths involved (greenways, shared roads or provisional routes)
- The change in altitude on the stage
- The technical description
Services available along the routes
The interactive maps also offer information on relevant services available near your selected route. They give details on:
- Bike-hire and bike-repair companies
- Information points
- Useful train and bus stations
- Danger spots or places at which to take special care on your route
- Tourist sights to visit along the way
In the near future you’ll be able to use a search engine specially geared to cycling services.
- Carry a useful guidebook with you or download the GPS tracks for the various tracks or stages of your itinerary.
- Our roadbook facility enables you to save useful details online (for instance stages, accommodation, etc…)
- Check the weather forecast before setting out and think ahead about what to do in case of unexpected events
- Don’t forget, you can opt for tailor-made tours where accommodation is booked for you, luggage transported for you and a personalized roadbook provided – all you have to do is pedal along!